The semester is FINISHED and now it is time for blogging and reading and writing and coding-for-fun and Netflix and video games and sunshine and swimming and taking dogs to the park and grilling and no mayo please and tanning and burning and peeling and flaking and FUN.
I wanted to take a moment to give a shoutout to some of the reasons I got through those last 3 weeks of this semester:
1. A big thank you to CURE-EGG. You make waking up in the mornings possible.
2. I’d like to thank this fellow here for keeping me on track as my wallpaper when the lure of “fun internet” became so strong.
3. To all the “OH-GOD-PLEASE-HELP-ME-CRAM-FOR-THIS-FINAL-EXAM-I-SWEAR-I’LL-NEVER-SIN-AGAIN-IN-MY-LIFE-IF-YOU-HELP-ME-PASS-AMEN” playlist curators at 8tracks.com, thank you so much!
4. I wanted to thank my dog, Raven, for putting up with hours of her owner sitting on the floor, nose touching the computer screen, fingers hammering out code. You are a good dog, we’ll go to the park all summer and I’ll let you roll in the mud.
5. And finally, I’d like to thank all my friends and family for still liking me, even after not seeing me for 2 months because I’ve been cooped up in my lair working on projects and tests. You guys are the best.
LET THE SUMMER BEGIN.
Mondays can be hard. I’ve been up and coding since about 8:30 a.m. (finishing all my work from the last 3 weeks) and right about now, I want to keel over and die. If you’re feeling similar Monday blues, here’s what I recommend: watch ZeFrank’s video (above), drink another cup of coffee, turn on the Skyrim playlist on Pandora, and keep on trudging through your work.
YOU CAN DO IT!
So I’m fully aware that THIS DOOR SWINGS BOTH WAYS, but I really like this guy’s video. Something for guys AND girls to think about, really.
I’ve been on UPWORTHY.com for the past 2 hours now…maybe I need a hobby. Still, I feel inspired and educated and have some hope for humanity now. So…I mean…that’s good, right?
So I know I’m posting a lot today, but I’m ALL ALONE this weekend because my roommates went to Nashville and I’m HIGHLY caffeinated and…….let’s face it, I have no friends. And a ton of homework. That I’m going to put off until Sunday. I have like 4 websites to work on for 4 clients. Ugh. ANYWAY, I wanted to share a beautiful, educational, and very profane video of one of my YouTube heroes, Jenna Marbles, in which she renames common animals. And she does it so WELL. And FUCK YOU I CAN START A SENTENCE WITH ‘AND’ IF I WANT TO, THIS IS AMERICA YOU SHOULD BE PROUD I EVEN KNOW HOW TO SPELL AT ALL I’M FROM TENNESSEE FOR CHRISSAKES.
Sorry, like I said….HIGHLY CAFFEINATED.
(DISCLAIMER: Do not watch this video….or read my blog, for that matter……if you have problems with profanity. Or unnecessary Capitalization. Or EXCESSIVE USE OF CAPSLOCK.)