I’m back! I’ve settled myself in a new city with a new view and new people. More to come after this bout of job hunting in the rain. STAY TUNED!
So I was feeling gross and depressed today–probably a combination of nasty weather, February holidays, and a giant coding project that I really should be working on–so I went out to the store and bought the following:
COFFEE (“Wide Awake” single servings for the Keurig)
Milk (for coffee)
Sugar (for coffee)
Bobby pins (wouldn’t want my hair falling into the coffee…)
And HAIR DYE (because when I get depressed, I do drastic things with my hair….see my previous post about cutting off 12 inches….)
I’m about to use this fancy shmancy Precision Foam Colour (WITH A ‘U’, BECAUSE IT’S JUST THAT FANCY!) by John Frieda to dye my hair “Dark Caramel”….which is also coffee related, just saying.
I’m hoping for something Natalie Portman-esque, but I know that’s not how these things tend to work. Still, a girl can dream, can’t she?
I’ll follow up with pictures in an hour or two.
Edit: I don’t think this is going to do anything (my hair is so naturally dark) but I LOVE this hairstyle!
I GOT NEW MUGS! NEW MUGS ARE MY FAVORITE!
So I have this growing obsession with interesting/funny/awkward/weird/inappropriate/clever coffee mugs. I have collected 3 good cups in this category so far, and I thought I’d share them with you. The first two are an homage to my humor muse blog hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com and the third IS ONE I ACTUALLY MADE FROM AN ACTUAL PINTEREST TUTORIAL THAT DIDN’T ACTUALLY BLOW UP IN MY FACE LIKE ALL THE OTHERS. I feel quite accomplished. Here are the ones from Allie’s site:
And here is the one I made (in photochronological order, a word I just made up):
So I mainly go to school online (where else do you learn web design?) I work Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. I do my schoolwork on Monday & Wednesday.
Except when I don’t do my schoolwork on Monday & Wednesday.
In what I’m sure will be a FASCINATING chronological display, HERE ARE THE THINGS I DID TODAY INSTEAD OF THE THINGS I NEEDED TO DO TODAY.
1. Got up at 7 a.m., started my coffee, checked email.
2. Email from Pottermore? I wonder what’s going on….
3. Go to Pottermore
4. HOLY BAJESUS, THE HOUSE CUP IS GOING TO BE AWARDED IN A FEW DAYS???
6. MAKE ALL THE POTIONS!
7. COLLECT ALL THE CHOCOLATE FROG CARDS!
8. Look at clock. Freak out. It’s 10:30 a.m.
9. Put on clothes to get day started.
10. Grab coffee, admire new mug
11. Spill coffee into lap.
12. Change back into sleep clothes.
13. Have a very nice conversation with sweet old maintenance man who came over to fix living room wall…..while in sleep clothes…with Zitopolis on face…new colonies every day…
14. Clean entire house
15. Make a chocolate chip cookie cake in a pie pan with leftover Halloween candy smushed into the top
17. Decide to make house look like Christmas.
18. Tear apart an old Christmas basket full of fake poinsettias.
19. Fashion fake flowers into new Christmas decorations for stairs.
20. Pretend to be Frank Sinatra. Curse Pandora commercials about engagement rings.
21. Take a shower.
22. SKIP CLASS (Psychology I…at Community College…I have no regrets.)
23. Internet from 4 p.m. to about 8 p.m.
25. Accidentally Prostitute Face (okay you can’t tell from the picture, but I caked the makeup on- JUST LIKE THE TUTORIAL GIRL DID!)
28. OH MY GOD, I FORGOT WORDPRESS EXISTS!
29. Make this post instead of doing productive things.
30. Finish this post
Look at your sister.
Now back to mine.
Now back to your sister.
Now back to mine.
Sadly, your sister cannot craft like mine.
Now back up.
What do you see?
You see my new Mason jar iced coffee mug.
You are jealous.
(PALOMA’S TUTORIAL, “Crafty Crafting: Mason Jar To-Go Cups” can be found here!)
Bonus (because I love this so much):